Wednesday, April 1, 2009

at 10:16 PM Posted by Ian

I am in Taipei right now for business and pleasure. For business I'm trying to promote American dehydrated potatoes (boring, but at least I'm hitting the street and stretching my Chinese). For pleasure I'm headed down to Spring Scream, a huge 200 band, 4 day raucous beach party in the south of Taiwan. A bunch of friends from Shanghai are coming over. We leave tomorrow morning and I could not be more psyched.

The other good thing is that Taiwan itself is awesome. I'm definitely going to move here at some point. Every person I've met has been very friendly. Beautiful women are everywhere. The food, especially the street food, is incredible fresh, tasty and diverse. I could go on and on. Basically it's China in a developed country form. One thing that's really interesting for me is that I can communicate with old people and working people here much more naturally. They are not awed by me. They don't go on about my Chinese or America. We just talk.

3 comments:

  1. You should come back today,are u already in your house?haha,i missed you^^~~Tina

  1. I read all your diaries and looked all the photos..Hehe,it's very different from what i thought the person you are.
    Maybe you have a great time here,but ,i don't know why,i just feel sentimental while looking at those pics ..

  1. 恩 我也觉得台湾是一个很适合你的地方。
    如果你真去那住了,i will miss you .