Sunday, January 25, 2009

at 6:58 PM Posted by Ian

I spent a lot of time looking up last night. I loved watching these ladies set off this lantern. For a while we thought it would veer into a tree and start a fire. At midnight, when the year of the cow officially began, we saw some massive explosions, in the sky and on the ground. You would not believe how long the black cat strands are here. Loads of folks came to our usually sleepy neighborhood to burn incense at the Buddhist temples in the area. The whole event kinda felt like Christmas and New Year's eve wrapped up in one. Roger commented the procession of people reminded him of Christmas mass. Early in the evening I heard little kids in our neighborhood crying because of all the noise, but our little puppy was unphased. I was so proud.

1 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, Ian.
    Sorry I ain't able to go visit your w-hours-flight-away cozy home in HZ. Sux for me, and you as well.
    But get ready, bro.
    Sun is rolling and getting there at some point.
    happy new year, my friend